10 Amazing Natural Detoxes!8:55:00 AM
Hello there lovely people! I have been so over whelmed with schedules these past several weeks and I have been totally OFF on my eating, workouts and of course my detox drinks!
Before I begin, I know there is no quick fix and regardless of all those Instagram posts from beautiful influencers.... you can not lose a real 15-20 lbs (not water weight) in 5 days by drinking tea or some other unhealthy way. Plus if you loose that amount in such a short time, more than likely it will come back!
So, If you are like me and pretty much most of the human population, we all have had those moments where the family is gathered or you and the crew get together for a fun filled brunch or night get together. You end up indulging on rich food and alcohol and wake up the next day feeling blah and "over stuffed".
Detoxes are great for many reasons. The obvious reason is they detox your body! But once you start to rid your body of toxins, sugar, alcohol and other things that you have digested, your body will naturally heal itself. You will notice your skin is clearing up, your nails are becoming stronger and you just feel better!
So, while re planning my "get on track" game plan, I thought I would share with you some of my favorite natural detox drinks!
1. Water- This seems so easy and truth is.. it is! Water is the most natural form of "Detox" you can get. Try drinking a glass of water first thing in the morning, before each meal and right before bed. You will surely flush out toxins and improve your digestive system in a snap!
3. Green Tea- I have to admit, I was a little behind on the green tea train! Some friends suggested it as their favorite detox and now I am on board too! Try a cup of green tea in between meals and in the morning!
4. Lemon Water- Lemons are a natural diuretic, so when you add some to your water, you are giving it a boost to help flush out those toxins!
5. Grapefruit and Lemon- Grapefruits are great for fighting fat and again lemons are a great diuretic.
8. Pineapple and Orange- Pineapples are great for your intestines and digestive tract. Pairing it with orange slices and not only will you get a refreshing detox drink, you will surely flush out toxins and heal your body from within!
What is your favorite detox drink? Let me know in the comments below!