Happy Blogiversary: 1 year and counting!7:38:00 AM
Hey there my lovelies! It is February 28th already!! That's right we are already about to be 3 months deep into 2017... where has the time gone?!
Last week I celebrated my first ever Blogiversary! One year of many ups and downs for bybrigettedanielle.com, but I wouldn't change it! Well actually I would change a few things.
Like I have said before I consider myself a born again blogger. The first time was more for personal tracking and something to help me stay on the straight and narrow during my weight loss. As I would get frustrated with my weight and workouts, I would get stressed about blogging. No one was reading my journey, no one was there to help me or encourage me and I really just felt like what was doing was talking to myself.
But... now that I have decided to start blogging again, I went in with a whole new mind set. I didn't care if anyone would read (but I do care about all of you that do!) I wanted to do this for me and if people respond then that is an added bonus! Even though going in to my new blogging venture, I wish there was someone that would have coached me on platforms, hosts and all the technical terms... I still get confused! And also, I wish there was someone in the beginning to tell me what they learned. It wasn't until after I went live that the blogging world seemed to reveal itself. It seemed like every Pin was related to blogging. What to do when you start/ when you think about starting one and all the things that I have already done.
Well, after finally finding the juicy secrets, I realized that the secrets weren't really secrets! I have learned so much about blogging and getting my voice out there, and I felt it was only right to share it with y'all! So here we go!
1. Plan before you post- Making sure you have everything planned ahead makes blogging so much easier! From creating tons of quality posts all the way down to your color schemes. Organizing your ideas for your blog will same you tons of headaches later.
2. Content- Some bloggers say you need to write lengthy posts and others say you don't. I personally found that somewhere in the middle works best. You don't want your readers trying to plan a day to read your novel of a post and you don't want them to feel like it was a waste of time clicking your link. A great post is informative but yet it gets to the point. But most importantly, it has to be you!
3. Images- Yes images matter! Let's be honest, one of the main reasons you click on a blog post is because of the pictures! Taking great quality pictures will do a lot for your social media. presence! Plus of you don't have time to take great pictures, people actually do it for you and a lot of them are free! Just google stock photos!
4. Social Media/ Promoting- Having a blog is one thing, but social media is everything! These days social media is sometimes the only way to get something out.. FAST! So make sure you use all the majors ones (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook etc). And don;t be afraid to share your own work! I would always feel a little nervous when I would share my blog Facebook post on my personal. It would always feel like I was self promoting. But hey, now.... it has become one of my best promo tools! Hashtags, liking and commenting on others that are similar to your niche are great ways to get more traffic!
5. Groups- This one was a HUGE game changer!! If you are not in a Facebook group... get in one! Several of the bloggers I follow, recommended tons of groups( over 20) and after checking out each ones, I found ones that I enjoy and are suitable for what I need. So before you start posting, check Facebook for groups, just use keywords like blog, blogging, blog support and other keywords that are similar to your niche! Once you join make sure you read all the rules and get ready to promote you content!
Once I started uping my skills in these areas, my blog seemed to reach more and more people everyday! I hope these little tricks will help you grow your blog or social media presence. And again THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for reading, commenting, liking sharing, pinning you name it! This has been one exciting year, and I can't wait to see what year 2 has in store!
What did you learn your first year in blogging? Let me know in the comments below!